Hynds Pipe Systems
Project Stargate | Pokeno Auckland Region
Hynds Pipe Systems, having outgrown their existing facilities at East Tamaki elected to expand and modernise their production facilities with construction of a state-of-the-art automated vertical cast pipe plant, associated concrete batching plant, testing laboratory and a more traditional static cast plant.
With the construction of the new buildings, mechanical assembly and electrical installation well advanced Anglo Tasman were approached by Hynds to provide support for the completion of the construction work and to lead the electrical commissioning of the plant.
SCOPE OF WORK
Initially engaged to provide construction and commissioning management support for the electrical elements of the project the scope quickly expanded to include the following.
- Construction management for all services including water, gas, fire detection, site steam supply, fire detection, communications, HV and LV electrical.
- Polarmatic heat curing system construction
- Establishment of Permit System and isolation procedures for the plant commissioning
- Commissioning of all services
- Gantry crane commissioning
- Quantity surveying and programme management services
- Concrete batching plant close out and handover works
- Starcast line commissioning and handover works
- Product type testing co-ordination and programming
Our initial engagement commenced in April 2018, running through to January 2019, with a further assignment to manage elements of the final plant handover and completion works from May 2019 to August 2019.
Our team members became an integral part of the project construction/commissioning/handover team as evidenced by the significant growth in services provided compared to the original scope of works
Despite the technical and diverse nature of the project management tasks required it was commented on more than one occasion that the Anglo Tasman team were quicker to understand the requirements of the project and implement solutions than others who had been involved with the project