Pacific Steel Mill
Wastewater Treatment Plant | Otahuhu Auckland
Toll Holdings acquired a site in Otahuhu to develop a significant freight forwarding facility. In order to acquire the land required for the facility Toll had to construct a new wastewater treatment and cooling facility for Pacific Steel in order that they could release the land on which their existing treatment plant was sited.
Smith and Loveless design and supply process units for water treatment plants, however they do not usually provide installation services. In this instance the client required a turnkey solution for the project, hence Smith and Loveless contracted Anglo Tasman to assist with project delivery.
SCOPE OF WORK
Anglo Tasman were engaged during the design stage of the project to develop the electrical scope of works including the design of the motor control centre and site cabling. Our Scope of Work included the following
- Project Management and Supervision of design, installation and commissioning of plant
- Development of process and instrumentation details and functional description
- Motor control centre design
- Containerised MCC supply
- Cable design
- Electrical installation
- Development of project commissioning plan
- Development and management of permits isolation procedure
- Commissioning of the plant
- Production of O&M manuals
Due to the compressed programme, the mechanical design was still evolving as electrical installation progressed. To mitigate delays to the completion of the project we were able to rely on our relationships with other Auckland based electrical contractors to provide additional resources as the design changed.